Hares are rabbit-like animals that the bears prey on.
In The Original Series arc
- The bears catch a hare, only for it to be stolen by an arctic fox.
- The Seekers are having trouble finding meat. Toklo then sets off to hunt. He soon comes back with a small hare. Later, when he meets Aga and Illa, he sees one and chases it, and Illa tries to stop him. When he catches it, Illa angrily says that the hare was hers, even though Toklo had caught it fair and square. she says that the Star Island bears were desperate for food, but Aga tells her to let him have the hare.
The difference between Rabbits and Hares
- Many times, people don't know whether rabbits and hares are the same creature, or the differences between them.
- Rabbits and hares are both lagomorphs, which are rabbits and rabbit-related animals. Hares give birth in shallow burrows, whereas rabbits give birth in deep burrows called 'warrens'. Newborn hares (called leverets) are born with their fur, and can see quite well after birth, but newborn rabbits (called kits, kittens or more commonly, bunnies) are born hairless and blind.
- Hares are brownish-gray with a white belly in warmer seasons, but in the autumn and winter it turns white. In the wild rabbits are very similar in color, except they don't turn white.
- Hares are generally larger and faster then rabbits, with larger ears and more powerful legs. Finally, while rabbits have been domesticated, hares have never been kept as pets.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.