|"You just roared! Can you speak bear?"|
|— Maria to Ujurak in The Last Wilderness, page 244|
In The Original Series arc
- She gives Ujurak some pajamas to put on, since he was naked after transforming.
- Later, she helps Ujurak and the others escape when they are being chased by hiding them in a cellar in her backyard.
- When the bears wanted to know a way out of the city, Maria gladly tells them the way.
- Maria thinks Toklo, Lusa, and Kallik are Ujurak's pet bears, and tells Ujurak she wishes she had a pet bear. She then introduces Ujurak to her dog Piper.
- She brings Ujurak and the bears around to the back of the house. When Ujurak gets impatient at Kallik and Toklo's reluctance about entering the cellar to hide, he roars, which amazes Maria.
- She hides the bears in the shed when the people look for them, and then lets them out when the people left. Later Ujurak is talking to a police man, who spotted him in the night, and says he was visiting her to get medicine. The policeman mentions her father, Dr. Green, is a doctor.
- Maria wants pet bears.
= Gender Unknown
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.