- We have a category called bear terms as well as a page for it, also called Bear Terms. My question is- Which do we keep? We obviously don't need both of them.
- More detailed description of each term- They would all get their own page.
- Easier to read- Not just a simple sentence about the information.
- Examples of usage in books- Gives readers examples of when it has been used.
- Not as much work necessary- Just add a word when you see it.
- Not as hard to find a page for each term- They're all on one page.
- There are obviously more pros and cons to each, but these are the main ones that I could think of. I know I gave more examples of why a category may be better, but don't that be a deciding factor for you.
- I will make a poll here, but the poll isn'…
Read more >
Badges are getting far too competetive. I understand that everyone wants to be ranked 1st on the list, but editing the same page repeatedly is just ridculous. An example would be as follows:
1st edit- add one link
2nd edit- add another link
3rd edit- add category
4th edit- add another category
5th edit- another link.
It's really getting on my nerves, especially when I have to undo some of the edits, so please, only edit the page one time, and possibly a couple more times if completely necessary. I suppose this is what Manulik meant by "too much competition and bad edits".
If this gets out of hand, I will remove badges.
But, on the other hand, this is promoting good edits as well, so please, Seekers Wiki users, don't let this get out of co…Read more >
I've found that many, if not most, users on this wiki are underage.
Thing is, most wikis are fine with that, and it doesn't seem to be a huge problem. But there are cases when it is a problem. When it is a problem, it becomes extremely obvious that users are underage.
- When an underage user puts their age on their user page- Ban
- When a user tell the entire chat they are underage and users start to complain- Ban (I don't have a choice in this kind of case. If a lot of users know and they complain to me, I will need to ban the underage user)
- When they tell me they are underage and act underage- Ban
It's more a a behavioral problem than an age problem, honestly. If you're underage, and I know you are, don't expect to be banned unless you begin to ac…Read more >
What's the deal with Lusa's Tale? We can't officially say it's been cancelled, but we don't have a release date, either. Honestly, I'm more concered with the fact that we may be providing false information than the fact that the book may or may not have been cancelled.
If anyone finds a release date, please, please, please, tell us!My Talk! 02:55, November 30, 2012 (UTC)Read more >
- Hi, people! I know I said in a previous blog that I may be leaving, but until then (whenever that may be), I plan to edit as much as I can.
- So... About projects. Our projects have been slow, to say the least. Actually, they have been 100% inactive. So in order to encourage users to join projects, and current users to continue to take part, maybe we can have a contest.
- How I think it should work:
- Users may post join requests on whatever project they wish to take part in; the request should state why they would make a good edition to the project, and, of course, who they are. Simple enough.
- All users start out as "New Members", and if they wish, they may request a mentor. Mentor requests are fairly easy to complete. On the talk page of t…